Once the home-made wooden staging was removed, it was time to remove the glass, all 113 panes of it! It was quite a task and took all day but it is done. I had to enlist Cathy’s help to remove the panes next to the ridge as I felt rather unsafe 2.7 metres high holding wet glass and she was her wonderful, dutiful, helpful self. Without complaint she stood around in the cold damp weather and stacked the glass, picked up the clips I dropped and generally cheered me up. We had a laugh about a couple of 61 year olds still doing stuff our kids would probably not attempt!
This afternoon, I went back and dismantled the framework and stacked it all ready to transport back home. The only problem I can foresee is whether I can remember how to put it all back together again! I have no instructions, dozens of lengths of aluminium, 113 panes of glass, hundreds of nuts and bolts, glazing clips, gutters, windows, louvred ventilators and sliding door assemblies. So…….no problem then! Good job I took lots of photos!
The final chapter tomorrow!