Greenhouse update – Day three

And it was all going so well!

I managed to dismantle most of the framework but the ridge and gable ends obviously had other ideas. Cathy to the rescue….again! However, even though her spirit was willing as usual, the flesh was a little too weak for this one. Cue the burly builder working in the house. “Just climb up this ladder mate and hold this for a couple of minutes while I remove the last few nuts will you?” Burly builder kindly obliged and down it came.

Then started the first of several trips home, greenhouse parts in car.

Sadly, there were a few glass tragedies along the way, 16 to be precise, plus a number of sheared nuts and bolts, glazing clips which pinged over the fence, the odd bent aluminium strut and finally …..as if it was trying to tell me what a bad idea this had been…….the wooden base turned out to be rotten! Three days later and I am left with lots and lots of glass and aluminium and not a clue how to put it all back together again!

And there it was……gone!

Ah well, my friend got his greenhouse removed on time and for nothing so at least he’s happy! Maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and find it was all just a bad dream! If not, re-assembly can wait until next year!

Advertisements

One thought on “Greenhouse update – Day three

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s